We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
A dedicated ward mod aimed at improving the way wards work in Valheim.
Known Mod Conflicts
Client Custom Config Options
NOTE: The archive comes with the default config file and DLL inside the correct folder structure.
1. Locate your game folder manually or start Steam client and :
a. Right click the Valheim game in your steam library
b. "Go to Manage" -> "Browse local files"
c. Steam should open your game folder
2. Extract the contents of the archive into the game folder.
3. Locate azumatt.BetterWards.cfg under BepInEx\config and configure the mod to your needs
Must be installed on both the client and the server for syncing to work properly.
1. Locate your main folder manually and :
a. Extract the contents of the archive into the main folder that contains BepInEx
b. Launch your game at least once to generate the config file needed if you haven't already done so.
c. Locate azumatt.BetterWards.cfg under BepInEx\config on your machine and configure the mod to your needs
2. Reboot your server. All clients will now sync to the server's config file even if theirs differs. Config Manager mod changes will only change the client config, not what the server is enforcing.
Feel free to reach out to me on discord if you need manual download assistance.
What if the game updates?
Game updates are unlikely to do more than partially break Better Wards at worst. In case you encounter any issues, please reach out to the me.
Where is the configuration file?
The Config file's name is "azumatt.BetterWards.cfg" it needs to be placed in "BepInEx\config"
Open to suggestions (drop them in the suggestion box)!
Special thanks to Pfhoenix0 for his MCE mod for config syncing in early stages of the mod! Made syncing very easy!
Special thanks to Sarcenzzz for his help with the visual bubble and general advice!
Special thanks to Zarboz for his help in creating the new ward look!
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|