We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
This mod requires the following mods to function
Better Trader Remake
Notice: This will be the last update under the current configuration. Future updates might require reconfiguration.
Permission to fix and upload granted by Menthus.
Adds a custom trader menu, 310+ items to buy/sell, built-in support for Epic Loot, and an extensive list of configuration options.
I spend countless hours every day working on, updating, and fixing mods for everyone to enjoy. While I will never ask for anyone to pay me to make a mod or add a feature, any support is greatly appreciated. >>Check it out<<, you might find benefits that catch your eye!
You have 2 methods of configuration:
Note: The default config file included with the mod closely emulates the vanilla values for buying and selling items.
- Going to Valheim\BepInEx\config and opening Menthus.bepinex.plugins.BetterTrader.cfg.
- Using the >>BepInEx ConfigurationManager<< plugin. Simply download it, put it in your Valheim\BepInEx\plugins folder, and press F1 when in-game.
You have a growing list of configuration options:
Trader Wait For Discovery (defaults to true): True means the Trader will only sell items the player has discovered.
Trader Price Fluctuation (defaults to true): True means the Trader's prices will fluctuate every so often (the amount to fluctuate by and time it takes before the Trader's prices fluctuate are configurable).
Trader Price Fluctuation Scale (defaults to 0.3): Determines how much the prices should fluctuate from the base price of an item.
Trader Price Fluctuation Frequency (defaults to 1): How many days that pass between each price fluctuation.
Trader Has Coins (defaults to true): True means the Trader will use coins to purchase player items (the Trader's starting coin amount and time it takes before the Trader's coin reset are configurable).
Trader Base Coin Amount (defaults to 2000): How many coins the Trader has as a baseline.
Trader Coin Refresh Frequency (defaults to 2): How many days need to pass before refreshing the Trader's coin amount to [Trader Base Coin Amount].
Trader Can Repair Items (defaults to true): True means the Trader can repair items for the Player.
enabled (defaults to true): True means every item of this type is enabled.
Purchase Price (defaults to 100): The base amount the Trader sells this item for (before fluctuating/scaling if [Trader Price Fluctuation] is true).
Sell Price (defaults to 100): The base amount this item can be sold for by the Player.
Tradeable (defaults to false): True means the Trader will sell this item to the Player.
Sellable (defaults to false): True means the Player can sell this item to the Trader.
Ignore Trader Wait For Discovery (defaults to false): True means this item will show up in the Trader's purchase list even if [Trader Wait For Discovery] is true and this item hasn't been discovered by the Player yet.
Example of an item's price being fluctuated
priceFluctuationFactor = basePrice * TraderPriceFluctuationScale; newPrice = basePrice + Random.Range(-priceFluctuationFactor, priceFluctuationFactor);
- This mod requires >>BepInExPack<< to work. Follow the BepInExPack installation instructions, then place the BepInEx folder (from the Better Trader download) into the Valheim folder. Make sure to replace all if you have a previous version of Better Trader installed!
- If you're playing the game in a different language and you are missing items, you must run the game in English and load into a world first. Then you can swap it back to your language and continue from there.
Better Trader 2.2.7
- Added Egg to trader
Better Trader 2.2.6
- Asset file is now embedded
Better Trader 2.2.5
- Removed ref to JVL
- Unfiltered EpicLoot items
Better Trader 2.2.4
- Fixed error for missing worlds_local directory
- Added Megingjord to the vanilla config. (Menthus.bepinex.plugins.BetterTrader.cfg.vanilla)
Better Trader 2.2.3
- Merged the config from 2.1.3 with 2.2.2
- Added new HnH and Mistlands items to the config.
Better Trader 2.2.2
- Added missing asset file
Better Trader 2.2.0
- Updated for Mistlands
- Fixed Trader Coin issue
- Deprecated "Is Server" config
- Updated default config to emulate the vanilla values for buying and selling items.
Better Trader 2.1.3
- Updated for HnH
Better Trader 2.1.2
- Fix for Horn of celebration causing NRE
Better trader 2.0.4
- Fix where NullReferenceException would be thrown upon closing the game.
- Fix for equipped indicator would show as bt_equipped instead of Equipped.
- General refactoring.
- Added missing config to zip files.
Better trader 2.0.3
- Fix for mod enforcement.
- Fix for config syncing.
Better trader 2.0.2
- Fix for config not syncing.
- General refactoring.
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|