We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
Inspired by Keezys_Better_Wolves. If tame cubs are detected within 30 meters, all wolf howls are silenced. This simultaneously permits domestic peace and quiet, and allows adult tame wolves to follow you without silencing nearby enemy wolves.
|Last updated||3 days ago|
|Categories||Mods Tweaks Audio Client-side Mistlands Update|
|Dependants||3 other mods depend on this mod|
This mod requires the following mods to function
BepInEx pack for Valheim. Preconfigured and includes unstripped Unity DLLs.Preferred version: 5.4.2100
Mod to assist with configuration of BepInEx modsPreferred version: 18.0.0
Valheim - Silence Tame Wolf Cub Howls Mod
Works with Mistlands Update!
This is inspired by Keezys_Better_Wolves mod, and tweaks the approach to allow hunting with tamed wolves without the loss of enemy wolf howls.
- Both adult and young enemy wolves will howl constantly whenever they're in earshot.
- Adult tame wolves will not howl, but their young offspring will.
- Breeding tame wolves shouldn't come at the cost of peace and quiet.
- This mod will only silence howls if there are young tame wolves within 30 meters.
- This allows exploring/hunting beyond the homestead without changing enemy wolf behavior.
While tame wolves won't attack one of their own, they're handy companions in most exploring/hunting situations. So having them present shouldn't also silence enemy wolves.
0.0.3 introduced the Official BepInEx ConfigurationManager as a dependency.
Configuration now allows:
- EnableToggleFlag, default: true
- SilenceAdultsFlag, default: false
- SilenceRangeValue, default: 30f
Built with BepInEx
- 0.0.4 Update for latest version of BepInEx and ConfigurationManager
- 0.0.3 Add config and ability to silence adult wolves
- 0.0.2 Update README and set latest BepInEx version
- 0.0.1 Initial publication
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|