We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
|Date uploaded||a month ago|
This mod requires the following mods to function
BetterUI: Reforged for Valheim
This mod updates the game UI with few subtle edits.
You are able to edit and select what updates you want to use.
Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/vSEjCNF48K
Table of Contents
Add stats to the character select screen
- Kills (if IG ever starts counting these)
Customizable Player HUD
- Makes player HUD elements movemable
- Custom Health, Food, Stamina, and Eitr bars that can be rotated and resized
- Adjust text sizes
Customized Iventory Icons
- Show item durability colors (green/yellow/orange/red) instead of white
- Show item level in stars instead of numbers
- Custom tooltips with more info
- Adjustable Icon scale
- Show all character stats when hovering the Shield icon
- Adds XP level for your character
- Custom Character level increase notification
- Custom Skill dialog with more info
- Notifications for all XP gains
Custom Hover Text
- Fermentor, Cooking Stations, Bee hive, and plants shows either time remaining or % complete
- Chests can show % filled, filled/total, or just filled
Custom Enemy HUD
- Show Enemy level, stars, or both
- Show enemy current/max health
- Show alerted status by changing the name color
- Show tamed creatures health bar as green
- Show other players current/max health
- Customize text size
- Show your own character's health bar above your head
- Boss current/max health
- Change distance enemy HUD appears
- Change map pin size
- Resolve inventory related issues (thedefside)
- Resolve an issue where you could end up with no Food Bar due to conflicting config settings (thedefside)
- Inventory Tooltip improvements (MetricMike)
- Show Eitr increase
- Color code food values (red for health, yellow for stamina, blue for eitr)
- Include food duration value in minutes
- Install r2modman
- Create a new profile
- Select 'Online' from the left nav
- Search for 'BetterUI' and download
- Click 'Start Modded'
If you are installing this manually, do the following (You will need Bepinex installed)
- Extract the archive into a folder. Do not extract into the game folder.
- Move the contents of
- Run the game, it will generate automatically an configuration file into
How can I see the Epic Loot info when I hover over an item in my iventory?
- In the config file, set
showCustomTooltips = false
When I use the config manager to change the config values, nothing happens. Why not?
- Some config values are not loaded in real time. You must log out and log back in to see the changes.
Can I hide the Yellow XP Bar at the bottom of the screen?
- Yes you can. Check config for
showCharacterXPBarand set it to
Why are the star icons not showing on enemies anymore?
- If you want the stars back, edit enemyLvlStyle in the config.
- DefaultStars = vanilla stars only
- PrefixLevelNumber = level number before name (Lvl 1 Greydwarf) with no stars
- Both = stars & prefix
How to turn off a specific hover text edit?
- You want to set the specific hover text option to Disabled.
- Example: timeLeftStyleFermenter = Disabled
How do I edit the player HUD?
ESCto unlock cursor
F7| Toggle editing mode
Mouse Left| Hold to Drag elements
Mouse Right| Toggle editing layer
Mouse Wheel| Hold and scroll to Rotate Custom Bar
Mouse Wheel| Hold to scale width and height equally
Mouse Left+ Drag pointer left/right | Scale width
Mouse Left+ Drag pointer up/down | Scale height
How do I reset the Custom HUD positions?
- Clear out the value in the uiData field in the config
Thank you to all who have contributed to keeping this mod alive!