We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
This mod requires the following mods to function
This mod introduces two backpack models (thanks to Cinnabunn!) to the game. You can open them with a hotkey (i by default) and store items in them. It's an expansion on Aedenthorn's BackpackRedux mod, and it relies heavily on their precursor work.
- Each backpack has its own separate inventory, and their inventories are preserved even when you toss your backpack to a friend.
- Storing items in the backpack reduces their weight by 50% by default (configurable).
- You can also configure how much they modify your carry capacity and movement speed.
- Localization support. Please let me know if you want to add a translation for your language!
- You cannot teleport with unteleportable items in the backpack.
- Nor can you put a backpack inside a backpack in order to get around this limitation!
- Should be installed on both server and on all clients. If the mod is on the server, it will disconnect clients without the mod.
- All configs (except hotkey) are server-enforceable.
Feel free to show appreciation by supporting. :)
- Cinnabunn (support) for their amazing art.
- Aedenthorn (support).
- Randy Knapp (support) for their Extended Item Data Framework. Also this fix.
- paddywaan for fixing some of my code and adding a feature via PR.
- Zarboz for guidance and help with the implementation.
- The Jotunn Team for creating Jotunn: The Valheim Library.
- MarcoPogo and Jules for helping me with some questions I had in the Jotunn Discord.
Most of this project is the result of the hard work of these awesome people!
Please let me know if you find any additional bugs, issues or incompatibilities.
How to Install
- (Optional) Use a mod manager like r2modman or alternatives.
- Install BepInEx for Valheim.
- Install Jotunn.
- Install Extended Item Data Framework.
- Install this mod.
For manual install, you want to drag the JotunnBackpacks folder into the BepInEx/Plugins folder. The JotunnBackpacks folder should contain JotunnBackpacks.dll and Translations.
- Added Quickdrop feature like in Outward!
- Made the size configuration separate for the two backpacks (paddywaan contribution!)
- Added Russian translation (thanks to Dominowood371 and Mi4oko!)
- Dropping items directly from backpack inventory now updates player inventory weight (bug report)
- Unequipping or dropping worn backpack now closes its inventory if it was open (bug report)
- Cold/freezing protection is now configurable (feature request)
- Rugged backpack now costs 2 bronze, so it's accessible early game.
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|